12/23/07

A Jazzy Natalie Wood Morning

Natalie Wood with coffee and no pants.
Coffee. . .
Young Natalie Wood smoking in her jammies.
Cigarettes. . .
Natalie Wood and John Coltrane.
Jazz. . . (Right now it's Since I Fell for You by Lee Morgan)
The daunting 4-suite Spider Solitaire level.
I'm celebrating. I just won my very first game of Spider
Solitaire at the 4-suite difficulty level. Yes, I know you've
been winning that easily for years now. Yes, other people
are linebackers for Dallas. Some people excel at polo or
chess or speed skating. Yeah, I know that. I'm talking
about a "personal best" here, so give me a break. Imagine
that I'm a long-term paralytic in a wheelchair, and I've
somehow just moved my big toe voluntarily. Like that.
Well, it's not really that monumental, but I'm pleased
with it.
And with Natalie Wood, how can you lose?

No comments: